Hardee Family Odyssey: English is coming along

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

English is coming along

SongLian is learning English at rocket speeds which has led to some delightful moments (enjoy, we sure are enjoying this gal!): *At the Christmas Eve service CoraGrace slipped her shoes off and SongLian turned and yelled (yes, yelled), "SHOES ON!!!" *While helping SongLian go to the bathroom while we were swimming, a large puddle began to form on the floor, I told her uh-oh, did you go potty? It is ok. She looked at me and said, "No Mama that water." (Duh! I am wet!) *(Warning this one may be too much information). While in a public restroom: "Oh! Mama, you going poop!" (yeah, nice and loud) *While helping to set the table pushing her little shopping cart (with the place-settings in the cart) she rammed into the card-board box club house which fell over. She looked down at it and said, "Oh, excuse me." as she passed by. *While reading and acting out the Christmas story SongLian played the part of the angel who told Mary she was going to have a baby. As Kyle read from the Bible SongLian shouted at Mary (CoraGrace), "You! Baby Jesus. You! Baby Jesus!" A bit later she began to belt out Hark the Herald Angels sing when Kyle got to the part about the angels visiting the shepherds (no cue here). *Most common phrase: "That's Mine!" *Sweetest words: When I say I love you at bedtime she now says, "I love you too." *She is very good at ordering us to "wash your hands!" and "brush your teeth!" *She was so excited about her new Hello Kitty outfit . . . I put it in the wash and she sat and watched it go round and round. She called to each member of the family, "Watch Hello Kitty, that mine, tomorrow." When I hung it on the laundry line she kept pointing to it, "Wet hello kitty. tomorrow." And first thing in the morning? "Jammies off!Hello Kitty!" *And lots of, "Mama! Watch!" *"Mama, could I help you?" (Translation: Mama I need help). In the same light: "Mama hold you please."

No comments:

Post a Comment